Do you feel like you’re providing useful content for others but no one is noticing?
Maybe you’re posting at the wrong times.
In May, bitly posted a report detailing the best and worst times to post on social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr). All the plots and information were based on EST. Here’s a summary of bitly’s report: Twitter:
- Best time to tweet for click-throughs: Early afternoon Monday to Thursday: 1pm- 3pm.
- Most traffic from 9am – 3pm.
- No posting after 8pm and 3pm on Fridays.
- It appears Twitter doesn’t work on the weekends.
- Best time: Wednesdays at 3pm.
- Most traffic from 9am – 4pm.
- Links posted midweek from 1pm – 4pm have the highest click rates.
- Wait until 11am if you want a lot of click-throughs.
- Best time: Friday evenings.
- Most traffic from 7pm – 10pm on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Post after 7pm for more clicks.
- No posting before 4pm.
- Best times: Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Most traffic before and after business hours.
- Post between 7am – 9am OR 5pm – 6pm.
- Don’t post from 10am – 6pm OR on Mondays and Fridays.
- Best times: After 12pm and Saturday mornings.
- Post between 2pm – 4pm OR 8pm – 1am.
- Don’t post between 5pm – 7pm OR in the late afternoon.
- Traffic fades after 5pm.
- Best time: 9am – 11am.
- Most traffic after 9am during work hours.
- No posting after 5pm.
- Worst time: 6pm – 8am.