Using Instagram for your Ecommerce Business
Popular photo-sharing app Instagram that has been acquired by Facebook can be used by businesses. Here is how you can start using Instagram to market your products and services. The first step is to downloading the Apple or Android app. The second is to create your account, it includes the process of creating a profile — a username, your company name, a profile image such as your logo, website URL, and description. You can also connect your Instagram account to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and others. It is primarily a mobile application. However, Instagram recently launched a web-based version of user profiles. The new web profile offers one advantage over the mobile counterpart: a more accessible landing page. Be aware that images cannot be uploaded via the web-based profile, only through the mobile app. After you create the account, access the web-based profile at www.instagram.com/yourusername. Like the mobile version, Instagram web profiles allow visitors to follow your company. They can also see the photos that have been uploaded. A link to your company website is also prominently displayed.10 Ways to Use Instagram to Promote Your Business. Once an account has been created and your web-based profile is set up, there are a variety of ways to use Instagram to promote your business and its products or services.
- Showcase products from your catalog. Don’t just upload product images as they appear on your site. Try to be more create because Instagram users like that. It is your challenge to find the way to showcase images. You can use one of the many photo filters the app is famous for, taking pictures of products on warehouse shelves, or by showing employees or customers using the product.
- Show how products are made. Merchants who produce their own products can use Instagram to create a series of images showing how the products are made. An app called Pic Stitch allows you to “stitch” the photos together into a single image to create a collage.
- Promote new collections and sale items. Instagram is an great place for to promote and announce new collections, new products, or to promote products that are on sale.
- Add context to your photos. When you take a photo using Instagram, add descriptive content, which Instagram calls “captions.” This could include product information, website URLs, or coupon codes. You could also use the caption area to ask questions and encourage comments.
- Show behind-the-scenes photos. One way to build trust with customers is to let them see what goes on in your company. Instagram enables you to show the real atmosphere in your office, shop.
- Use relevant and popular hashtags. Similar to Twitter, Instagram use hashtags. Hashtags make easier to find the specific photo among the huge amount. You could associate a hashtag with a series of images focused a particular product line or product category. They also enable you to collect photos from your followers based on a certain theme and connect with like-minded people.To use hashtags, simply add a hash sign — e.g. #cat — to your photo’s caption, and the photo will be tagged with “cat.” Users can then click on the hashtag as part of your caption and see the most recent photos tagged with “cat,” including your own.
- Try Instagram photo Instagram Contest. While Instagram does not provide photo contest capabilities, another service called Statigram does. Statigram also includes a feed tab for use on Facebook pages, a Facebook profile cover-creation tool that creates a collage of Instagram images, and a photo gallery widget for use on your website or blog.
- Share photos on social networks. Instagram provides users with the ability to share photos on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare. Users can send photos via email, as well.
- Involve staff and employees. Encourage employees to share relevant photos they have taken using Instagram.
- Create photos around relevant themes. Don’t just use Instagram to post photos of products. Think about your audience and what it enjoys. Then create relevant photo themes using hashtags.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1044