1. Create a referral program to increase the number of customers
2. Write highly specific product descriptions to highlight products’ values
3. Discover products with customersYouTube
4. Create Story Productions to describe innovative products in detail
5. Share behind the scenes videosBlog
6. Promote contests and giveaways to generate participation and buzz
7. Provide gift guides to promote your productsFacebook
8. Provide exclusive promotions only for Facebook fans
9. Ask specific questions to Facebook fansPinterest
10. Create interactive Pinboards to drive more Pinterest engagement
11. Use Pinterest contests to improve customer experience with your company
12. Collaborate with socially responsible businesses
Let’s take a look at each strategy by online channel:
Website1. Create a referral program to increase the number of customers Daily Grommet provides $10 exclusive coupons if you invite your friends to their website. Once your friends register and make first purchase, you and your friends will receive $10 on each Daily Grommet account. What can retailers learn from this?
- To entice more customers, promote your referral program information on all of your social media channels.
- To directly increase sales, provide giveaways that are only available on your website. If you sell your products on the other Ecommerce sites such as Amazon.com or Etsy, you can also offer giveaways that can be used only for these sites.
- Test your new products carefully and tell your consumers that you have an inherent love for your products.
- List benefits, not features. Think like a consumer. What if you talk with a salesman who rattles off unnecessary product specifications that you don’t really understand? For example, if you sell a latest smartphone, explain about benefits of its design or voice search rather than technology with fancy words.
- Educate customers first. If you educate them about your products, they will feel like you are providing more values and treating them well.
- If you decided to launch a product recommended by your customer, provide a small gift like a $25 gift card to that person and send “Thank you” email to show appreciation of participation.
- Make easy and simple guides to let customers know how to launch a product.
YouTube4. Create Story Productions to describe innovative products in detail Daily Grommet provides specific editorial videos for every product by the “Stroy Production” service. Videos help to get the voice of the creator to consumers and to visually talk about their remarkable product and brand stories. Also, all of videos are shooting at Daily Grommet’s headquarters and are updated on their Youtube channel whenever launching a new product. Example: What can retailers learn from this?
- Keep it short and to the point! You have 3 minutes for each video because your audience wants a quick product review, not comprehensive specifications. Avoid boredom!
- You can create your own videos with great contents with minimum costs. All you need is a smartphone or a video camera to create quality videos quickly and efficiently. If you want to highlight key points, use Jing for Mac and Windows Live Movie Maker for PC for some video effects. Also, you can try YouTube’s simple effects as well.
- Your company background
- An interview with a designer or an inventor to share their behind stories
- The production process for a product
- Your team
Blog6. Promote contests and giveaways to generate participation and buzz “Contests and Giveaways” information is posted on blog and other social media channels. With a winning prize, Daily Grommet promotes innovative brands and products to their blog audience. Also, they generates engagement and drives traffic to the other channels. What can retailers learn from this?
- Use your own products for giveaways and winning prizes that must be available only for your products.
- One powerful blog tool is tags. These are very short notes and descriptions of each posting and page. Tags are all about SEO. If you use various, relevant, and unique tags, they help to increase SEO. Also, search engines send more traffic to your blog if they understand what your blog posting is about.
- Post blog articles about your products on blog communities or forums such as Bloggeries or Bizsugar. However, don’t sell your products at these sites because they might have strong policies about promotions or advertisements.
- Choose category titles carefully to navigate blog users to your posts that they are looking for. Keep them short and simple!
- Create landing pages. If you create more landing pages on your Facebook Fan pages, you will have more opportunities to convert visitors into leads.
- *Note: According to Our Social Times, 67% customers expect to be eligible for exclusive offers when they “Like” a brand on Facebook, but only 22% of brands deliver special offers, discounts or deals exclusive to fans.
- Ask specific open-ended questions and carefully analyze Facebook fans’ answers to improve your challenges and enhance your strengths.
- Differentiate tabs, are placed right under the cover image of your Facebook Fan page. Each tab is shown by different images. Therefore, you have to customize images, yet make them fit your Fan page’s design. If you’re not familiar with Facebook Fan page, use 3rd party apps like Wishpond.
- Categorize each Pinboard specifically and uniquely. It’s important to appeal to a wide range of target audience and to generate more buzz. For example, use “Finds YOU want to see featured on Daily Grommet” for your Pinboard title instead of “Share your favourite product.”
- Pinterest is a highly visual platform. Use the best picture of a winning prize or a giveaway to showcase your products and to attract more participants and followers, even to generate customers.
- Promote Pinterest contests to your website and other social media avenues. You can post contest information with a URL link or simply add the “Pin It” button on each posting.
- Differentiate your brand through raising your voice to the world and enhancing your business values
- Invest in the future image of your business
- Build a favorable relationship with customers
- Motivate, develop, and retain your employees