- Have a conversation with your audience through Tout`s reply feature.
- Drive traffic to the other social media channels
- Promote your company, product, or promotion
- Create the behind the scenes Tout
- Make a well-organized Tout video calendar
How to use Tout as your online marketing strategies to achieve your ROI:
1. Have a conversation with your audience through Tout’s reply feature.If you reply by videos to someone’s Tout, you can immediately engage in a face-to-face conversation with other Touters. What can retailers learn from this?
- Pick an interesting topic that you would like to discuss with your followers. You can share your story to host a conversation like you talk with your friends at a cafe. Also, you can ask a question for discussion or talk about hot issues around the world just for fun! At the end of your Tout, ask them to leave solicit comments on your Tout.
- To build more intimate relationship with them, upload “Thank you Tout” for the audience who responded to your Tout.
- Manage notification setting to track every reply to your Touts by email. How?
(Source Tout FAQ: http://www.tout.com/faq)
2. Drive traffic to the other social media channelsTout has two elements that enable you to obtain more fans and followers on your other social media channels. First of all, most of Touters are currently heavy social network users. They enjoy sharing their status updates and interesting content with their friends and other web users in real time. Another element is you can share Touts via email, SMS, and various social networks. These prompt and multiple sharing opportunities will be the perfect combination to promote your Touts and other platforms. What can retailers learn from this?
- You can directly import your contact list through web or mobile to share videos through SMS and email.
- Add specific hashtags to your Tout. Hashtags will classify your Touts into relevant categories and easily navigate the audience to your Touts. There are 3 methods of Tout hashtags.
(Source Tout Developer: http://developer.tout.com/ )
3. Promote your company, product, or promotionAs many brands have used Tout for their marketing tools, this short video is becoming one of the most effective promotion that brings great results in a very short period. It enables brands to entice target audience and turn them into followers, repeated visitors, and even loyal customers. What can retailers learn from this?
- Announce your new product launching at Tout.
- Showcase whole promotional videos or TV commercials at your Tout channel like using Twitter. Choose the most stunning 15-second clips out of videos or commercials and share short snippets with your audience. Also, add URLs of sites that have full video clips for the interested group of people.
- Create sub-contests or sub-events at Tout to increase awareness and participants of main contests and events. Let’s look at the great example of Zappos!
- Not only provide a winning prize to the winner, but also give a small gift like a $25 gift card to people who reply to your Touts and show appreciation of participation.
4. Create the behind the scenes ToutYou don’t have to make an event or happenings for your Touts. Just show your company as it is! Natural states are the key points of the behind the scenes Tout to make a friendly image and to be closer with your followers and customers. What can retailers learn from this?
- Types of the behind the scenes Touts
5. Make a well-organized Tout video calendarWe’ve talked about many types of Tout video so far. The last strategy for online marketing with Tout is deciding why and when to upload a video. With a well-organized Tout video calendar, you will be able to meet your audience regularly and to make them keep coming back to your Tout channel. Let’s look at the following tips. What can retailers learn from this? 1) First of all, you have to decide what you will accomplish through your Tout videos. To make sure your online marketing ROI, set a SMART goal: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Specific: Make your goal clear and unambiguous and tell your team exactly “5W” questions and answers.
- Measurable: You must be able to evaluate the result of online marketing ROI by using tools such as Google Analytics. Ask yourself: How much? How many? When can I achieve your goal?
- Attainable: Goals must be realistic and be neither underestimated nor overestimated. Ask yourself: How can the goal be accomplished?
- Relevant: Goals must be important to you, your team, and company. Ask yourself: Is it valuable? Does it match our needs? Am I the right person?
- Time-bound: Goals must be achieved within a time frame. A deadline helps a team make efforts into completion of their assignments. Ask yourself: When (Daily? Weekly? Monthly?)
- To avoid confusion, pick a right topic and a theme of each Tout to divide into various categories such as events, the behind the scenes Touts, products, trends, and so forth. It will help you brainstorm more ideas about your Touts, target specific audience, and decide when to upload a video depending on a type, a topic, and a theme.
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Calendar, Note, Document, or Spreadsheet
- WordPress Editorial Calendar Plugin. And more….